HopGuard II is an easy and effective natural alternative for Varroa Mite control that leaves no chemical residue and is safe on bees, but deadly on mites.
Hopguard® II Properties
- Can be applied during honey flow
- Natural, food grade product
- No negative effects on normal hive activity
- Bee, Brood, and Queen tolerance…no negative effects on egg laying.
- No residual in honey.
- Naturally derived from hops
- No chemical residues
- Safe during honey flow
- Easy & effective
- Safe on bees—deadly on Varroa mites
- Easy—AND SAFE—to Use
Hopguard® II Usage
- The daytime temperature should be above 50°F (10°C).
- Simply add Hopguard® II to hives at the rate of two strips per 10 frames of bees.
- Strips should be hung between brood frames.
- Refer to the package label for full instructions.
- Hopguard® II should be added to all hives at the rate of 2 insert strips per 10 frames…strips must be hung between frames.
- Hopguard® II can be used throughout the year. For best results, leave strip in the hive for a minimum of 14 days.